Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep it Reel: Make your iPad into a professional recording studio  (Read 466 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 02, 2014, 09:00:18 pm »

Keep it Reel: Make your iPad into a professional recording studio

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Since the introduction of the iPad in 2010, I have dreamed of the day when I could walk into a studio and record, produce, and mix a live band using just my tablet. Recently, that dream became reality: I had the opportunity to produce and record a session for Ella Joy Meir—a very talented up-and-coming songwriter and composer based in the Boston/New York area. The plan was to record “You’ll Return,” an original song that she co-wrote with Michal Weiner, using a band made up of drums, acoustic and electric guitars, bass, vocals and piano.</p><p>
For this project, I decided to try and use the iPad for each stage of production—from recording and mixing all the way to mastering and SoundCloud distribution. The recording session was split in two days and took place in the new Berklee Production suites in Boston; the assistant engineer was the talented Vince Espi. (I’ve posted videos of the sessions and some of the things that went on behind the scenes.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2459651/keep-it-reel-make-your-ipad-into-a-professional-recording-studio.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Keep it Reel: Make your iPad into a professional recording studio
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: