Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Workarounds for deleted network aliases  (Read 373 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 13, 2014, 09:00:21 pm »

Workarounds for deleted network aliases

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Reader Scott Coatsworth has an issue with disappearing shortcuts. He writes:</p>

I need to transfer files from my Mac to another on our network, so I create shortcuts to the relevant folders on the other Mac in my Finder sidebar. Invariably—sometimes after a couple weeks, sometimes after only a day or two—all my shortcuts to the other Mac’s folders disappear and I have to go back and manually set them all up again.

Is there a way to stop my mac from deleting these shortcuts? Or is there an app that will manage them for me so I don’t have to go through this frustrating exercise every time?

<p>
This appears to be a bug in Mavericks. Until Apple deals with it you have to find another way to get the job done. One option is to create such a folder alias and leave it on the desktop or place it in the dock (or create a folder and plunk all such aliases into it). Before you can use an alias, you’ll have to ensure that the networked volume that hosts it is mounted on your Mac.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2463954/workarounds-for-deleted-network-aliases.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Workarounds for deleted network aliases
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: