Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to view desktop versions of websites on an iPhone  (Read 335 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 26, 2014, 09:00:22 am »

How to view desktop versions of websites on an iPhone

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Reader Tom Sidla prefers one view of websites over another. He writes:</p>

I hate mobile websites. Is there any way to always see the full desktop version on the iPhone?

<p>
I can’t promise you always, but I get deliver “more often than not.” It’s like this.</p><p>
Generally, websites will configure their look based on the kind of browser you’re using—specifically, the browser agent. When you visit a site, your browser reports its identity. If it identifies itself as the desktop version of Safari, for example, you see one view. If it reveals that it’s the version of Safari used by iOS devices, you may see a different layout that better suits small screens. Some sites will allow you to choose something other than the default view, but this isn’t a feature implemented web-wide.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2597438/how-to-view-desktop-versions-of-websites-on-an-iphone.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to view desktop versions of websites on an iPhone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: