Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How iOS 8 and Yosemite got me to stop jailbreaking my iPhone  (Read 386 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 22, 2014, 09:00:21 pm »

How iOS 8 and Yosemite got me to stop jailbreaking my iPhone

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Reader Donald Emerson wonders if I’ve had a change of heart. He writes:</p>

I know that, in the past, you were a pretty unrepentant jailbreaker. I was wondering how you feel now with new iPhones and iOS 8. Is it something I (and you) should still consider?

<p>
For the uninitiated, jailbreaking is the process of skirting a device's protections so that you can use it in ways unintended by the manufacturer. In the case of iOS devices, this means that on a jailbroken iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you can install and use third-party apps and settings not available in iOS natively or via apps from the App Store.</p><p>
Now that we've cleared that up, it’s true. I’ve jailbroken iOS devices since… well, just about as long as there have been iPhones. Even as recently as 2013 I was still at it.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2686008/with-ios-8-and-yosemite-this-jailbreaker-is-done.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How iOS 8 and Yosemite got me to stop jailbreaking my iPhone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: