Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet sharing: The secret weapon in troubleshooting someone else's Mac  (Read 727 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 25, 2014, 03:00:20 pm »

Internet sharing: The secret weapon in troubleshooting someone else's Mac

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>It’s not perfect, and there will always be things that I’ll grouse about. But there are other things about OS X that I love. Chief among them: Internet sharing.</p><p>The feature has been around for years, and over time it has become one of the most useful tools that any Apple tech person could hope for. That’s because it provides one thing that’s necessary on all too many onsite tech-support calls: A quick, reliable way to get Internet access on a Mac that lacks it. It has saved my skin more times than I care to count, and it’s been reliable since I first started using it several OS X revisions ago.</p><p>It’s also dead simple to use. You first connect a FireWire or ethernet cable between your own MacBook (you’ll need Apple’s USB-to-ethernet adapter if you’re using a MacBook Air). Then you launch OS X’s System Preferences, open the Sharing Pane, click Internet Sharing, configure the port on your MacBook through which you’d like to share your Internet connection, check the Internet Sharing box, click Start, give OS X a few seconds to process the change, then close the System Preferences window.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2687157/internet-sharing-the-secret-weapon-in-troubleshooting-someone-elses-mac.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Internet sharing: The secret weapon in troubleshooting someone else's Mac
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: