Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New MacBook Pro 15-inch Core i7 is Crazy Fast  (Read 1769 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 14, 2010, 01:20:35 pm »

New MacBook Pro 15-inch Core i7 is Crazy Fast

(Images courtesy of Gizmodo)Thinking about parting with some greenbacks for one of those tasty new MacBook Pros that Apple unleashed on Tuesday but not sure if the speed bump is enough for you? Worry no more.Gizmodo is reporting that the new MacBook Pro 17-inch and 15-inch models with Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors are fast -- really fast. “Overall, I’d say they’re about 50 percent faster than the last gen Core 2 Duos, which is about the same bump the iMacs got with Core i7,” writes Gizmodo’s Jason Chen.But hey, if you don’t believe us, we have some pretty charts to show the math in a language you might trust more. The first image above is a GeekBench test which shows the MacBook Pro 15-inch Core i7 is a full 50 percent faster.An Xbench chart is a bit more scattered, but Gizmodo blames that on the fact that the application hasn’t been updated in awhile.And finally, the real proof: A 64-bit Handbrake encode which used to take 32:19 on a 2.8GHz 15-inch MacBook Pro with Core 2 Duo now only takes 19:54 on a new Core i7 MacBook Pro 15-inch with a 2.66GHz processor.Did we just hear your wallet squeal in pain?

http://www.maclife.com/article/news/new_macbook_pro_15inch_core_i7_crazy_fast

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: