Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to simplify overlapping cloud storage services  (Read 1233 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 10, 2014, 03:00:21 pm »

How to simplify overlapping cloud storage services

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
There’s no shortage of choices for cloud storage, but that leads to another problem: how do you decide which services you truly need, and which files to put where? If you’ve signed up for as many cloud providers as you have files, it’s time for an intervention (or at least a moment of clear-headed contemplation).</p><p>
I’ll admit it: I’m an online storage junkie. At one time or another I’ve synced files to the cloud using Amazon Cloud Drive, Amazon S3, Bitcasa, Box, DollyDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, SpiderOak, SugarSync, Wuala, and probably a few others I’m forgetting—not to mention using online backups from Backblaze, CrashPlan, and Mozy, and storing photos with services such as Flickr and SmugMug. Some of these services are free (at least for a limited amount of data) while others are inexpensive, but inexpensive times a dozen or more starts to hurt. Meanwhile, I had the same folders syncing to three or four services simultaneously, which slowed down my Mac, wasted bandwidth, and tested the limits of my ISP’s monthly data transfer allowance.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2844929/how-to-simplify-overlapping-cloud-storage-services.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to simplify overlapping cloud storage services
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: