Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wedgepad bean bag stand for the iPad  (Read 564 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 04, 2010, 07:00:11 pm »

The Wedgepad bean bag stand for the iPad

The Wedgepad ($27 shipping only to the US), taking a cue from Veronica Belmont's Cat stand, is a comfortable iPad stand comprised of a wedged bean bag and four white elastic straps. It's very light, weighing in at only five ounces. The straps hold your iPad securely and its pliability and microsuede bag make it feel quite nice on your lap, where it's meant to be used. When attached, it seems to become part of the iPad. I've been playing around with one for a few days and haven't taken it off my iPad yet.

It only works in landscape mode and can be used in a 30 degree mode which stands the iPad nearly vertically. That's not a great angle for your lap but it's okay for viewing on a table, especially if you are watching a movie and don't need to tap any buttons. I've used it mainly in the 45 degree mode, which is a perfect viewing angle when on your lap. My only complaint is that the white straps make it look a bit cheap, and it appears that it's holding your iPad hostage, but that's nothing that a black Magic Marker can't fix.

You may remember it being announced in May and then tumbling into obscurity. There were production problems, and a small number got shipped, but now there is adequate stock. Pick one up now and you'll get free shipping, too, at least until the end of August.TUAWThe Wedgepad bean bag stand for the iPad originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Tue, 03 Aug 2010 19:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/08/03/the-wedgepad-bean-bag-stand-for-the-ipad/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: