Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rokform’s RokShield V3 for iPhone 5 offers rugged protection without getting in the way  (Read 420 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 09, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »

Rokform’s RokShield V3 for iPhone 5 offers rugged protection without getting in the way

Rokform’s $39 RokShield V3 case has rough and tough outsides that guard your iPhone 5 against bumps, falls, and scratches, thanks to its two-piece design and screen protectors. The case comes in seven two-toned color varieties; I reviewed the black-on-gunmetal model.

The RokShield V3 has a polycarbonate interior, and is surrounded by a removable rubber bumper that gives your iPhone a little extra protection around the sides and corners. When I put both the plastic case and the rubber bumper on my iPhone, I was disappointed to see the rubber bumper lift up in a few places—I couldn’t get it to sit perfectly flush with my iPhone, not matter how much I adjusted it.

Without the rubber bumper, the case did a fine job of protecting my iPhone from scratches. Adding the bumper just adds more insurance against damage if your iPhone falls and lands on one of its corners. With both pieces of the case on my iPhone, it felt well protected without being bulky. Rokform also includes two screen protectors to help shield it from nicks and scratches.

Unlike other rugged cases, such as Otterbox’s collection or the Case-Mate Tank, the V3 is a good option for those who like to use their iPhone with dock-cradle accessories. You can quickly remove the rubber bumper and slide off the bottom half of the case by unclipping it from the top half. It might take you a few extra seconds, but it beats taking your phone completely out of its case.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2038215/rokform-s-rokshield-v3-for-iphone-5-offers-rugged-protection-without-getting-in-the-way.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: