Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Week in iOS Apps: May the force be with you  (Read 400 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 26, 2013, 07:01:18 pm »

The Week in iOS Apps: May the force be with you

May the force be with youAngry Birds Star Wars II is out. Should we tell you about other apps, or do you already know how you're spending all your waking hours this week? Angry Birds Star Wars IIThe original version of Angry Birds Star Wars had a profound effect on my then 4-year-old son. He started singing the Star Wars theme all the time. I’d wake up to hear him launching himself from his bed at an imaginary pile of space pigs. His birthday cake? An Angry Birds Death Star. Which is why I’m begging you: Let’s keep the arrival of Angry Birds Star Wars II, a $1 app for iPhone and iPad, to ourselves. OK?FIFA 14As with EA Sports’s other games, FIFA 14, the latest version of the popular futbol game, arrives on iPad and iPhone in “freemium” format. You can play regular games without spending a cent, but to build and play with your own custom team, you’ll probably want to buy in-app “FIFA Points” that come in packages up to $100 apiece—you’ll also have to purchase the manager, tournament, and “kick off” game modes to use them. The game also feature new touch controls and multiplayer capabilities.Life NotedThe Life Noted app for iPhone combines “calendaring, note taking, photography and video apps.” It’s a planner that’s got a little bit of Evernote’s DNA, and syncs with the phone’s native calendar. Users can create a PDF of their calendar to share. Life Noted is free, but an ad-free version costs $3.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2049420/the-week-in-ios-apps-may-the-force-be-with-you.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: