Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac Gems: Instacast for Mac makes listening to podcasts a pleasure  (Read 370 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 05, 2013, 03:01:09 pm »

Mac Gems: Instacast for Mac makes listening to podcasts a pleasure

I never though I’d say this when I first listened to a podcast, many years ago, but I love podcasts. Each week I listen to a dozen or so different shows, some produced by friends, and others by celebrities of various caliber.

Apple offers a couple apps that are supposed to make it easy to listen to podcasts: iTunes on the desktop, and the appropriately-named Podcasts on iOS. Alas, these two apps might as well have been developed by two different companies, because making them work in tandem—particularly when it comes to syncing episodes between them—is, well, complicated.

Since I could never make Apple’s own software work well, a while back I switched to Vemedio’s Instacast for iOS for listening on my iOS devices. I’ve been very happy with it, so I was pleased when the software finally made its way to OS X in the form of Instacast for Mac.

Instacast looks exactly like I think a podcast app should. Its main interface takes a cue from recent versions of Apple’s Mail, dividing the screen in three vertical panes: On the left is a list of the podcasts you subscribe to; in the middle is a list of available episodes for the selected show; and on the right is information about the selected episode.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2043361/mac-gems-instacast-for-mac-makes-listening-to-podcasts-a-pleasure.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: