Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private I: Lock your cloud backups away with an encryption key  (Read 337 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 02, 2015, 09:00:20 pm »

Private I: Lock your cloud backups away with an encryption key

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
It’s generally easier to keep safe the files we have under our control, on our internal and external drives, than those that waft far away from us on cloud-storage backup systems. Different backup services handle how they send data for storage and how they encrypt it once it arrives.</p><p>
A quick overview of how cloud-storage systems work, regardless of the company. Client software running on your Mac finds new files in specified folders or files that have updated modification times since the last scan. Files are analyzed into pieces against which the software calculates a sort of shorthand or signature. This signature is compared against what’s stored in the cloud. If it matches, nothing happens—this is how these services conserve bandwidth.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2864237/private-i-lock-your-cloud-backups-away-with-an-encryption-key.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Private I: Lock your cloud backups away with an encryption key
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: