Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archt One all-in-one speaker review: Call it the anti-stereo  (Read 367 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 15, 2015, 09:00:12 am »

Archt One all-in-one speaker review: Call it the anti-stereo

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
The Archt One (it's pronounced “arc”) is something of an anomaly, and not just because this self-powered speaker is shaped like an artillery shell crowned with one of Saturn’s rings. The Archt One is the result of a Kickstarter campaign that kicked off in October 2014, blew past its $70,000 goal (having raised $242,000 by its conclusion in December), and shipped to backers on time in March 2015. The speaker went into mass production early last month, and the manufacturer sent us one for this review.</p><p>
The Archt One can play music from an Android or other device via Bluetooth, from an iOS device or Mac via AirPlay, or from any DLNA-compatible device on your Wi-Fi network. Finally, you can also connect any analog source to its 1/8-inch aux input. The speaker has a USB port for charging portable devices, too. I auditioned it using an HTC One smartphone with Bluetooth first, and then with and an iPod touch via AirPlay. I found sound quality to be superior with the latter, but connectivity more reliable with the former. I’ll go into more detail on its audio performance later.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2947685/speakers/archt-one-all-in-one-speaker-review-call-it-the-anti-stereo.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Archt One all-in-one speaker review: Call it the anti-stereo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: