Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac Gems: Holiday-bundle bargains  (Read 387 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 22, 2012, 03:01:32 am »

Mac Gems: Holiday-bundle bargains

With Thanksgiving upon us, it’s time for the annual avalanche of Black Friday sales—and Pre-Black Friday sales, and Cyber Monday sales, and Weekend-Before-Cyber Monday sales, and…you know the drill. But most of those sales, whether online or in physical stores, focus on hardware and gear. If you’re looking for some great Mac software, either for yourself or for your favorite gift recipient, there are currently two big Mac-software bundles, each offering a bevy of apps for one reasonable price. Even if you just wanted the Mac Gems each bundle contains, both are bargains, but each also includes a bunch of other good software that sweetens the pot considerably. (All apps included in these bundles are full versions.)

Productive Macs Bundle

The Productive Macs bundle (available until November 30) includes nine apps for a total of $30, compared to $239 if purchased separately at regular prices:

TextExpander (Mac Gems review; normally $35): Text Expander is my favorite text-expansion utility—I type a few characters, and the utility expands that abbreviation into a longer snippet of frequently typed text. TextExpander has, according to its built-in tracking feature, typed over 300,000 characters for me in just the past six months.

Path Finder (Mac Gems review; normally $40): A powerful replacement for the Finder, Path Finder includes a dual-pane file browser, a drop stack for temporary file/folder storage, window tabs, folder bookmarks, a built-in Terminal-style shell, a file-transfer queue, file tagging, batch renaming, and hex and ACL editors. And those are just the features the developer notes in its one-sentence summary—Path Finder includes many more “I wish the Finder did this” options.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2015475/mac-gems-holiday-bundle-bargains.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: