Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: i-FlashDrive HD a flash drive for iPads, iPhones, and laptops  (Read 396 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 06, 2013, 11:01:05 pm »

Review: i-FlashDrive HD a flash drive for iPads, iPhones, and laptops

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could just plug a flash drive into your iPhone or iPad when you want to transfer a file or you’re short on storage? PhotoFast actually has one: The i-FlashDrive HD is a flash drive for the iPad, iPhone, and Mac.

The i-FlashDrive HD has a USB 2.0 connector on one side and a 30-pin connector on the other; it comes with a Lightning adapter for newer iOS models. PhotoFast offers four storage configurations, ranging from 8GB to 64GB.

PhotoFastThe i-FlashDrive HD has a 30-pin connector, but PhotoFast includes a Lightning adapter for owners of newer iOS devices.

When you first use the i-FlashDrive HD, the device promptly takes you to the App Store in order to download the free app needed for viewing and transferring files. While I wasn’t keen on having to install a third-party app in order to view my files, it is necessary, and the app itself is an easy-to-use file viewer that allows access to the drive, and also comes with options to back up your contacts and to sync with a Dropbox account.

While in the app, you can encrypt any of the files on the drive by pressing the small padlock icon on the bottom right side of the screen. You’ll then be able to select which files to encrypt and set a password. Accessing the encrypted file is done by simply retyping the password that you created earlier. However, decrypting is only possible from the iOS app itself—trying to open the encrypted files from your computer won’t work. This is a nice little feature of the app that adds protection to the drive’s contents.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2036911/review-i-flashdrive-hd-a-flash-drive-for-ipads-iphones-and-laptops.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: