Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Twelve South's SurfacePad for iPhone 5 is slim, yet unreliable  (Read 458 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 04, 2013, 07:01:07 pm »

Review: Twelve South's SurfacePad for iPhone 5 is slim, yet unreliable

Twelve South's $35 SurfacePad is a sleek and elegant looking cover for your iPhone 5 that doubles as a stand. Unfortunately, it doesn't have much going for it apart from looks—it fell apart on me relatively quickly, and provides little to no protection from drops.

Made from soft leather, the SurfacePad covers both the front and back of your iPhone. It has a folio-style cover that flips back when you need to use your iPhone's display, and that cover can fold into a stand for propping your phone up in landscape-orientation as well. It's available in three solid colors: red, white, or black.
Albert FiliceThe SurfacePad keeps your iPhone 5 thin and light.
The SurfacePad leaves all of your iPhone's buttons and ports accessible to use. The volume buttons and Ring/Silent switch are hidden by the case's front cover, and while the volume buttons are easy to use, the Ring/Silent switch is a different story: you'll have to flip the case open to reliably get at it. The back camera is also exposed via a small cutout in the back of the case.

Applying the SurfacePad to your iPhone is a bit different from other cases. You attach the cover like a sticker, affixing it to the back of your iPhone. Careful now, as you'll want to line it up just right. It took me two tries to get it done, but it seems like the adhesive held up fine after peeling the whole case off. Your milage may vary, but I'm not a fan of this adhesive approach.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2036245/review-twelve-souths-surfacepad-for-iphone-5-is-slim-yet-unreliable.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: