Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to effectively fill your Mac's display when screen sharing  (Read 365 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 04, 2013, 03:01:31 pm »

How to effectively fill your Mac's display when screen sharing

Reader Earl Andrews is interested in getting the full picture—at least when screen sharing with his Mac mini. He writes:

I have a Mac mini connected to my 720p HDTV via HDMI that I use as a media server. I don’t always want to turn the TV on to configure that Mac. I prefer instead to screen share with it from my iMac. The problem is that I can’t seem to get it to fill my iMac’s display. The screen sharing window is small and even when I switch to Full Screen it won’t fill the screen. What can I do to make this work?

The main issue you have is the HDMI connection and the limitations it imposes on your iMac’s display. Let’s walk through it.

While screen sharing from your iMac launch System Preferences on the Mac mini and select the Displays system preference. In the Display tab click on Scaled if it’s not already selected. My guess is that 720p is currently selected (as it should be as that’s the resolution that’s going to look best on your HDTV). If you’d like to enlarge the window, choose 1080p instead. This will make the window much bigger, but in Full Screen mode you’ll still find bars above and below the window.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2048087/how-to-effectively-fill-your-macs-display-when-screen-sharing.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: